The Proposal was approved in principle in UTTIPEC Governing Body under the Chairmanship of Hon’ble L.G, Delhi held on 24.07.2009, with following observations:
- The detailing of the project must provide for adequate footpaths on either side.
- The detailed engineering Design & Modified circulation plan be also examined by WG II B, before implementation.
The proposal was discussed in the17thWorking Group II B Meeting held on 06.04.2010 with following observations:
- Dedicated space should be provided for NMVs along with the bus lanes.
- As per Zonal Plan of Zone 'E',30 m R/W to be considered in general.Extra space along the road r/w wherever available, be used for pedestrian/NMT & public transport related facilities.
- T- junction near Mother dairy to be improved for safe crossing of pedestrians/NMTs.
- There should be a composite plan for the entire stretch of road upto Laxmi Nagar 'T' intersection including the stretch of road under PWD.
An integrated plan for the entire stretch of the road as per the above observations to be prepared for smooth flow of all modes of traffic including Pedestrian/NMT.
The proposal was discussed in theWorking Group II B Meeting held on 23.07.2010 with following observations:
- There are 3 signalized junctions existing on this road the proposed down ramp/loop road for turning traffic from NH-24 towards Kondli side not found favorable due to its accurate radius, which may result into traffic jam on the bridge of NH-24. It was suggested to explore the turning of traffic away from the existing bridge which may take care of the movement.
- It was suggested to plan synchronized signal system on the proposed three junctions/inter sections which can take care of smooth traffic and safe pedestrian movement. MCD will take up the provision of synchronized signal system on the three signalized junctions in consultation with Delhi Traffic Police.
- The traffic using the loop road along the ROB-36 towards Ganesh Nagar side may find it easy to take a right turn using the wrong side of the road leading to Laxmi Nagar. This probability can be reduced if the traffic island near the junction of the road leading to Laxmi Nagar is reworked out guiding the traffic to turn left where it meets the road.
- It was pointed out by Addl. DCP (Traffic) East that a verge is required on the slip road from NH-24 to Patparganj road which caters to the traffic from Gaziabad side on to the Patparganj Rsoad (Mother Dairy Side) towards Nizamuddin Bridge for a smooth flow of two directional traffic. This part of road belongs to PWD.
- It was suggested that the traffic movements can be clearly shown in the alignment proposal.
The Proposal as recommended by the WG-II-B in its meeting dated 23.7.10 was approvedinthe Governing Bodyunder the Chairmanship of Hon’ble L.G, Delhi held on 30.07.2010.
- A 9 mt. carriageway on either side of median of 0.3 mt. to accommodate 2 Motor Vehicle lane (MV lane) and one bus lane with bus boxes, with2.0 mt. MUZ. along the main C/W on either sides of the road. The bus shelters are proposed onthe 2.0m MultiUtility Zone(MUZ).
- A 2.5 mt. foot path & 1 mt dead zone along the property towards Pandav Nagar side and 1.8m footpath and 2.5m NMT lane towards Mother Dairy side for safe pedestrian movement.
- The junctions/ inter- sections have been designed keeping in view the traffic calming measures and suitable pedestrian movement.
- Provisions for Rickshaw stand/ Auto rickshaw stand, drop off & pick up facilities for Auto Rickshaw have been incorporated in the design.
- Synchronized signal system on the proposed three junctions/ inter-sections to take care of smooth traffic and safe pedestrian movement . MCD to take up the provision of synchronized signal system on the 3 signalized junctions in consultation with Delhi Traffic Police.
- A proposed road under bridge connecting the 2 existing road along the ROB 36 to form a two way loop road to serve as a connectivity between the existingcolonies on either sides of the Patparganj Road.
- Averge proposed by Traffic Police on the slip road from NH-24on to Patparganj Road to segregate the traffic on both sides, which is to be taken up by PWD.