- To study and coordinate the norms and standards for Planning and Engineering Practices in Traffic and Transportation.
- Engineering Aspects of Implementation of National Transport Policy- 2006 & Master Plan of Delhi -2021 Transportation proposals.
- Traffic Road Safety Audit Guidelines (TRSAG).
- To coordinate the Engineering and Infrastructure aspects of sustainable public transportation system.
- To evolve a parking policy and evolve parking solutions.
- Inventory of corridor-wise Traffic & Transportation issues, Traffic Management Strategies and Enforcement Guidelines.
- To act as a repository for sharing of traffic and transportation plans/ database/information/digitization and website development.
- Evolving Environmental Impact Assessment Guidelines for Traffic & Transportation Projects.
- Developing protocols and norms for signages, street furniture, lighting, signals, hoardings, trees, roadside landscapes, zebra crossing, pedestrian passages, commuter facilities etc.
- Evaluation–Public participation-Feedback.
- To take up other related activities as may be considered appropriate by the ’TT Centre’ including co-ordination, capacity building and training.