The proposal was discussed in 48th Governing Body meeting of the UTTIPEC was held on 19.12.2014 under the Chairmanship of the Hon’ble L.G. of Delhi in which the Governing Body approved the proposal “Redevelopment of Bijwasan Railway Station”
Decision of the Governing Body:
The proposal of redevelopment of Bijwasan Railway Station was approved by the Governing Body with following observations:
· DIAL, Railways and PWD will work together to evolve/finalize the 2nd entry option of Bijwasan railway station from Airport side.
· Delhi Govt. will explore the possibility of developing direct connectivity of railways station through tunnel etc. to the terminals of IGI.
· Due to the proximity and location of the station, the Governing Body suggested to rename this project as ’Bijwasan/ Dwarka railway station’ which was also agreed by the Railways.
· PWD will prepare a detailed connectivity plan for the surrounding area of Bijwasan railway station considering the future traffic issues in this area after operationalization of railway station.
· Railway to take up the proposal for connecting the surrounding villages across railway lines through ROB’s etc.
· It was suggested that the passenger drop-off and pick up areas with the station complex need to be developed as active public space by providing station facilities structures like small retail shops, kiosks for eateries, public conveniences, passenger waiting areas etc. considering the safety aspects.