- This project of PWD was considered by 34thUTTIPEC W.G-II-B in its meeting held on 17.2.2012 and recommended the broad conceptual alignment proposal for consideration of Governing Body.
- UTTIPEC in its 35thGoverning Body in its meeting held on 28.2.2012 under the chairmanship of Hon'ble L.G., Delhi has decided as under:
Governing Body approved the proposal for Phase I for final implementation and approvedin principlethe broad conceptual alignment proposal(Phase II & III) as per observations of the Working Group with the condition that the detailed plan of entire BRT/ITC corridor prepared by DIMTS to be followed for implementation by PWD after obtaining necessary approval from UTTIPEC and other agencies.
Background, Proposal & observation of Governing Body is reproduced below:
The conceptual alignment plan proposal of PWD was discussed in the Working Group IIB meeting held on 17.2.2012. It was explained in the meeting that a decision has been taken by the Hon'ble Minister of Urban Development, Govt. of India that the entire stretch of the road shall be developed by PWD.
- PWD requested for the approval of the alignment plan 75 mt R/W of Mehrauli -Mahipal pur road with a proposed diversion at Ryan International school to connect NH-8 near Shivmurti connecting the existing Dwarka road.
- Widening has been proposed equally on both sides of the central verge as per the decision of the Technical Committee held on 1.2.2007. However , the alignment of R/W has been deviated at places to make a smooth curve of the road or to save legally authorized structures.
- Following Phase wise improvement proposal has been suggested by PWD;-
- Phase-I, (from Andheria More to Aruna Asaf Ali road) for a stretch of about 3.5 km where minimum structures will be affected. However, the land acquisition needs to be done to achieve the 75 m R/W.
- Phase–II (from Aruna Asaf Ali Road to NH-8) requires large scale land acquisition as 20 to 22 m R/W is available in Masoodpur and Mahipalpur area.
- Phase -III ( proposed bypass of Mehrauli Mahipal Pur road)from Ryan International school to NH-8 (Shiv Murti) connecting existing Dwarka Road (UER II) as proposed in pursuance of the decision of the Governing Body meeting held on 12.8.2011.
- After the approval of the broad alignment of the road, detail proposal will be submitted for the entire corridor to UTTIPEC for approval.
- The Mehrauli - Mahipal Pur road from Andheria More to NH-8 is part of Badarpur – Airport BRT/ITC corridor which is one of the 14 BRT/ITC corridors approved by the Governing Body. DPR for this corridor is being prepared by DIMTS.
- The new link road proposed by PWD is not a Master Plan/Zonal Plan road. However, this new link as a relief road would provide an important link connecting Gurgaon/Dwarka with South Delhi. All necessary actions for incorporation of this road in the Master Plan/Zonal Plan as per the procedure shall have to be taken before/after the approval of this link.
- All the affected properties, tracks, services etc. in the proposed R/W must be clearly marked on the plan along with a list . Reasons for deviations for fixing of R/W are also to be properly documented and submitted.
- PWD to get the NOC from ASI as some monuments/heritage structures are in the vicinity of the proposed link road.
- Detail proposal based on all approved policies , applicable guidelines of MoUD, DDA , UTTIPEC and city level studies of GNCTD to be prepared and submitted to UTTIPEC in the approved format for consideration.